Veterinarians applying to take the ACVPM exam need an active Diplomate to sponsor and support them through the process. Roles and responsibilities described below. Sponsoring typically takes 1-2 hours during the application process. Providing additional support to the candidate during their study process and welcoming them to the College is encouraged and appreciated!
- Assist the candidate during the application process,
- Ensure the application is accurate and complete,
- Answer or find answers to: candidate questions regarding the application materials, application timelines, maintaining their online profile,
- Ensure an awareness of the resources available to candidates to successfully complete the board exam, and
- Foster an awareness of a Diplomate’s responsibilities, i.e., annual dues payment, opportunities to participate on committees, voting, college bylaws, webinars, maintenance of certification requirements, etc.
- Maintain active membership in ACVPM.
- Be an information source for the candidate on ACVPM policies, procedures, etc.
- Review and be familiar with the ACVPM Bylaws, Article VIII, Section 2, Certification.
- Exchange contact information with the applicant so information can be shared
throughout the application process.
- ssist the applicant with completing the application.
- Review the application to ensure the responses are clear, complete and address
the information requested.
- Contact the Credentials Committee (email@example.com) or the EVP
(firstname.lastname@example.org) to clarify any questions on the application forms or process.
- Approve the application only if the sponsor is willing to attest to the applicant’s
good moral character and qualifications to take the certification exam.
If you are interested in serving as a Sponsor, please login and "edit" your profile:
- In the Sponsor field (bottom of profile page):
- Select Yes if you want be a Sponsor
- Select No if you do not.
- Exam candidates will search for sponsors.
- Answering Yes will make your name available to the candidate.
- Answering No will hide your name from the candidate.
Please contact Dr. Tom Berg, EVP at email@example.com for more information.
Last reviewed May 9, 2020